“I said I was sorry! What more do you want?”
Even in the best of relationships, we mess up. We say and do things we deeply regret later on. So we need to make things right. But just saying you’re sorry isn’t enough. That’s only the first step on the road to restoration.
In The 5 Apology Languages, Gary Chapman, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the 5 Love Languages®, partners with Jennifer Thomas to help you on the journey toward restored relationships. True healing comes when you learn to:
• Express regret: “I’m sorry.”
• Accept responsibility: “I was wrong.”
• Make restitution: “How can I make it right?”
• Plan for change: “I’ll take steps to prevent a reoccurrence.”
• Request forgiveness: “Can you find it in your heart to . . . ?”
Don’t let hurts linger or wounds fester. Start on the path to healing today and discover how meaningful apologies can make your friendships, family, and marriage stronger than ever before.